Sharen Swartz Neuhardt
|U.S. House, Ohio, District 10|
|High school||Fairview High School|
|Birthday||October 16, 1951|
|Place of birth||Dayton, OH|
After earning a law degree in 1976, Neuhardt moved back to Dayton and began practicing law and a local firm. She currently practices business law at Business Law Thompson Hine LLP.
Neuhardt lost to Republican Mike Turner. Neuhardt ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Ohio's 10th District. She defeated five other candidates in the March 6, 2012 Democratic primary. She faced incumbent Mike Turner (R) and David Harlow (L) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
The Washington Post listed the House of Representatives elections in Ohio in 2012 as 1 of the 10 states that could determine whether Democrats retake the House or Republicans hold their majority in 2013. Ohio tied with Pennsylvania for 9th on the list.
|U.S. House, Ohio District 10 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Sharen Swartz Neuhardt||37.5%||131,097|
|Source: Ohio Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|Sharen Swartz Neuhardt (2012) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|Aprll Quarterly||March 31, 2012||$81,266.11||$127,093.05||$(21,649.82)||$186,709.34|
|July Quarterly||July 15||$186,709.34||$115,354.23||$(83,627.41)||$218,436.16|
Neuhardt is married to Dave Neuhardt and has two children, Ann, and Rob.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Facebook page
- Twitter feed
- YouTube Channel
- Linkedin Profile
- Dayton Daily News Candidate removed from local congressional race January 4, 2012
- Politico, "2012 Election Map, Ohio"
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Unofficial election results," accessed March 6, 2012
- Washington Post, "The 10 states that will determine control of the House in 2012," accessed April 25, 2012
- wyso.org Neuhardt Announces Candidacy For Ohio's 10th Congressional District January 4, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Sharen Swartz Neuhardt's Summary Report," accessed July 14, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Sharen Swartz Neuhardt April Quarterly," accessed July 14, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Sharen Swartz Neuhardt July Quarterly," accessed October 5, 2012
- Campaign website Neuhardt Bio January 4, 2012