Sharon Erickson Ropes
|Sharon Erickson Ropes|
|Minnesota State Senate District 31|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Political party||Democratic Farmer-Labor|
Ropes graduated with her Bachelor's Degree in Nursing and French from the College of Saint Teresa in 1976. Also, Ropes served as a Officer in the United States Navy Nurse Corps from 1977 to 1982. Ropes is a Registered Nurse when the Senate is not in session.
Prior to leaving the senate, Ropes was a member of these committees:
- Agriculture and Veterans (Vice-Chair)
- Agriculture and Veterans Budget and Policy Division (Vice-Chair)
- Health and Human Services Budget Division
- Health, Housing and Family Security
- Higher Education
- Higher Education Budget and Policy Division
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
Ropes lost re-election to the 31st District seat in 2010. She had no primary opposition. Jeremy Miller ran for the seat on the Republican ticket. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 31 (2006)|
|Sharon Erickson Ropes (DFL)||14,270||46.74%|
|Brenda Johnson (R)||10,802||35.38%|
|Kevin Kelleher (I)||5,428||17.78%|
In 2006, Ropes collected $66,727 in donations.
Her five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Fillmore County DFL||$3,500|
Ropes represented Minnesota Senate District 31. District 31 includes Fillmore, Houston, and Winona Counties near the Minnesota-Iowa-Wisconsin borders.
David is married to Marlys Senjem. They have two children and reside in Rochester, Minnesota.
- Sharon Erickson Ropes official campaign website
- Sharon Erickson Ropes official Minnesota State Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002
- Minnesota Public Radio votetracker profile
- Sharon Erickson Ropes on Facebook
|Minnesota State Senate District 31
| Succeeded by|
Jeremy Miller (R)