Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia State Senate District 27|
|High school||Clarke County High School|
|Place of birth||Winchester, VA|
|Profession||Box Office Manager, Shenandoah University|
Broy earned a degree in Political Science and Public Administration from Shenandoah University. He currently works as a Box Office Manager for Shenandoah University.
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
Broy ran in the 2011 election for Virginia Senate District 27. He faced incumbent Republican Jill Vogel and Independent Donald Marro in the November 8 general election. Vogel defeated Marro and Broy in the general election.Cite error: Closing
</ref> missing for
|Virginia State Senate, District 27 General Election, 2011|
|Republican||Jill Vogel Incumbent||74.7%||24,555|
Broy's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Fiscal Responsibility & Economic Success
- Excerpt: "Reduce the state’s tax loopholes, which allow the wealthiest Virginians to pay far less than their fair share. This would reduce the burden off the back of the state’s middle class and poor."
- Political Reform
- Excerpt: "Term limiting our General Assembly members to two consecutive terms each would reduce the careerist nature of legislative service. It would allow legislators to govern with a long-term perspective in mind, rather than passing new laws with short term interests at heart."
- Individual Rights
- Excerpt: "As a State Senator, I will fight for a woman’s right to choose and will stand up to the McDonnell/Cuccinelli/Vogel assault on women’s reproductive rights."
- Excerpt: "Funding K-12 education is the best investment the Commonwealth can make. The State must honor its partnership with local governments in this important area."
- Environment & Natural Resources
- Excerpt: "Shaun is passionately against uranium mining in Virginia. The extraction and processing of this element has caused serious problems, including contamination of ground and surface water and the release of radioactive mining waste."
- Shaun Broy's campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Shaun Broy on Facebook
- Shaun Bory on Twitter