|Florida House of Representatives, District 63|
|November 18, 2014 - Present|
|November 14, 2016|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Florida House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||University of South Florida (1987)|
|J.D.||University of Florida (1990)|
|Date of birth||March 20, 1965|
|Place of birth||Anderson, Indiana|
Harrison earned his B.A. in political science from the University of South Florida and his J.D. from the University of Florida. His professional experience includes working as an attorney with the firm of Wetherington, Hamilton & Harrison, P.A.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Harrison served on the following committees:
|Florida Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• State Affairs|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Harrison served on these committees:
|Florida Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Joint Legislative Auditing|
Harrison's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Taxes and Job Growth
- Excerpt: "Florida's economy depends on quality job creation."
Faith and Community Based Initiatives
- Excerpt: "I believe our faith community has much to offer towards the well being of our District. Faith based initiatives programs should be encouraged and funded."
Government's Role in Our Lives
- Excerpt: "In the past five years we have seen an alarming increase in government's interference in our private lives and private business. I believe that government should stay out of both."
Conservation and Smart Growth
- Excerpt: "I am an avid outdoorsman and I pledge to protect the natural resources of our State and District 63. Florida should fund the Florida Forever Program."
- Excerpt: "I have fought my entire political career for increased funding and better infrastructure for my constituents in North Tampa and will continue to do so."
Elections for the office of Florida House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 20, 2014. Incumbent Mark Alan Danish was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Shawn Harrison was unopposed in the Republican primary. Danish lost to Harrison in the general election.
Harrison ran in the 2012 election for Florida House of Representatives District 63. Harrison ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012, and was defeated by Mark Alan Danish (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 63, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Shawn Harrison Incumbent||49.5%||32,807|
| Florida House of Representatives, District 60 |
2010 General election results
|Shawn Harrison (R)||23,064||56.02%|
|Russ Patterson (D)||18,106||43.98%|
Harrison defeated Trey Stroud in the August 24 primary.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 60 - Republican Primary (2010)|
Harrison raised $295,380 in contributions for his 2010 campaign as of July 8, 2011. However, only 12 out of his 13 campaign finance reports have been filed.
His largest contributors were:
|Florida Republican Party||$19,867|
|Florida Police Benevolent Association||$3,000|
|Florida Chamber of Commerce||$3,000|
|Florida Healthcare Association||$2,500|
|Southern Gardens Citrus Holding Corp.||$2,500|
Harrison and his wife, Susan Gall, have two children.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Shawn + Harrison + Florida + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Florida State Legislature
- Florida House of Representatives
- Florida House Committees
- Florida state legislative districts
- Profile from the Florida House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Shawn Harrison on Facebook
- Shawn Harrison on Twitter
- Shawn Harrison on LinkedIn
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- shawnharrison.com, "Issues," accessed October 24, 2014
- Florida Division of Elections, "2014 Florida Election Watch - Multi-County or District Offices," accessed September 3, 2014
- Florida Division of Elections, "Candidate Listing for 2014 General Election," accessed June 23, 2014
- Florida Secretary of State Election Division, "Candidate List," accessed June 21, 2012
- Florida Department of Elections, "November 2, 2010, Election Results," November 2, 2010
- Florida Election Watch, "August 24, 2010, State Representative primary results," August 24, 2010
- Project VoteSmart, "Shawn Harrison -- 2010 contributions," accessed July 8, 2011
Mark Alan Danish (D)
|Florida House of Representatives District 63
| Succeeded by|
|Florida House District 60
| Succeeded by|
Dana Young (R)
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |