|Colorado State Senate, District 7|
|2005 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||8 years|
|Bachelor's||Brigham Young University|
|J.D.||University of California-Berkeley|
Mitchell served in the Colorado State House of Representatives from 1999 to 2004.
He earned his BS from Brigham Young University. He went on to receive his JD from the University of California-Berkeley.
Mitchell was a Senior Fellow at Independence Institute. He has also worked as Special Counsel for Colorado Attorney General Gale Norton. He is currently a Private Practice Attorney for Denver and Adams County.
- Prohibiting state recognition of state workers' employee unions 
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Mitchell served on these committees:
- Business, Labor and Technology Committee, Colorado State Senate
- Health and Human Services Committee, Colorado State Senate
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Mitchell served on these committees:
- Business, Labor and Technology Committee, Colorado Senate
- Health and Human Services Committee, Colorado Senate
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2012
Mitchell was ineligible to run for re-election to the Colorado State Senate in 2012 due to term limits.
Mitchell raised $106,869 for his campaign, while Whitcomb raised $144,262.
|Colorado State Senate, District 23 (2008)|
|Shawn Mitchell (R)||45,001|
|Joseph A. Whitcomb (D)||38,896|
|Colorado State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Shawn Mitchell's campaign in 2010|
|Apartment Association Of Metro Denver||$1,000|
|Colorado Bioscience PAC||$400|
|Total Raised in 2010||$2,900|
In 2008, Mitchell collected $106,869 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Colorado Association Of Realtors||$4,000|
|Naiop Colorado Chapter||$3,400|
|Homes For All Coloradoans Cmte||$3,000|
|Lincoln Club Of Colorado||$2,000|
|Broomfield County Republicans||$1,325|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Shawn + Mitchell + Colorado + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Bachmann: Boehner will use 'loophole' to pass immigration in the House - Daily Caller
- 'Obama phones' given to people promising to sell them for drugs, money [VIDEO - Daily Caller]
- Charges Against Philly Demo Worker Underscore Complexities of Legal Pot - Philadelphia Magazine (blog)
- Colorado's 2014 race for attorney general could be crowded - Denver Post
- Betsy McCaughey on how she took apart the 'Gang of 8? immigration bill [VIDEO - Daily Caller]
- Food stamp ban for pedophiles, murders, rapists deemed racist - Daily Caller
- 'The House That Rob Built': Special Forces Combat Outpost Pirelli, part 1 - Daily Caller
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Mitchell and his wife, Yvette, have seven children.
- Official Colorado State Senate website of Senator Shawn Mitchell
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Shawn Mitchell
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008 2006 2004 2002 2000 1998
|Colorado State Senate - District 23
| Succeeded by|
Vicki Marble (R)