Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Kansas House of Representatives District 36|
|Place of birth||Greenville, Ohio|
Shipp has worked as a paralegal for the last 13 years, focusing on medical malpractice lawsuit defense.
Shipp's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Taxation and Economy
- Excerpt: "He supports legislation that will get the Kansas economy growing including lower taxation and less government regulations."
- Excerpt: "Shawn supports immigration reform and supports legislation such as E-verify and opposes in-state tuition to illegal immigrants."
- Excerpt: "Shawn is a strong proponent of the 2nd Amendment and supports legislation that protects Kansans 2nd Amendment rights."
- Excerpt: "Shawn will work with school boards, administrators and teachers to find real solutions, beyond money, to improve our schools."
- Excerpt: "Shawn is a strong supporter of Right to Life issues."
Shipp ran for election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 36. Shipp ran unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent Kathy Wolfe Moore (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 36, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Kathy Wolfe Moore Incumbent||65%||7,084|
Shipp and his wife Kristen have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Shawn + Shipp + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Shawn Shipp on Facebook
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |