Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Ohio House of Representatives District 64|
|Bachelor's||Youngstown State University|
|Master's||Teachers College, Columbia University|
Calko earned her B.S. in secondary education from Youngstown State University in 2004 and her M.A. in teaching of social studies from Teachers College, Columbia University in 2008.
Calko's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Sheila Calko has the passion, educational background, and real world experience as a public school teacher, mother, and union representative to move Ohio’s Public Schools rank to #1 in the USA. She will fight hard to increase wise investments in Ohio’s Pre-K through Post-Secondary education system and workforce development programs."
Clean Energy Jobs
- Excerpt:"Sheila Calko has the knowledge, experience, and drive to create a more sustainable Ohio for future generations. By assisting local governments, educational institutions, non-profits, and businesses to better leverage their assets and collaborate with one another we will turn Northeast Ohio into a Clean Energy Hub and Techbelt."
Access to Healthcare & Nutrition
- Excerpt:"Sheila Calko will continue to fight for increased access to health care and nutrition for all Ohioans. She will work with local health care institutions to provide more preventative care to help decrease health care costs. Sheila will ensure that nutrition programs will be properly supported by the state and implemented successfully in the 64th District. Additionally, Sheila will advocate for resources for growing sustainable agriculture in Ohio and cooperate with local food policy councils and those working to increase access to affordable, healthy, locally-grown food."
Protecting Working Families
- Excerpt:"Sheila Calko will remain a staunch advocate for the rights of working people and their families. She understands the importance of collective bargaining and of providing a living wage for Ohioans. Sheila believes that human rights and basic dignity are the cornerstones of good legislation and will work diligently daily to protect Ohioans."
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 64 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|David C. Cook||16.6%||1,443|
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Sheila Calko on Facebook
- Sheila Calko on Twitter
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |