|U.S. Senate, West Virginia|
|Bachelor's||West Virginia University|
was a 2012 Democratic
candidate who sought election to the U.S. Senate
from West Virginia
. She lost to incumbent Joe Manchin
in the Democratic primary.
Fletcher served in the West Virginia House of Delegates from 1998 to 2002. She owns a business in the energy industry.
According to her website, Fletcher's campaign platform includes the following tenets
- Simpler and lower taxes
- Supporting coal and natural gas as means toward energy independence
- Securing funding for rural community health care clinics
- See also: United States Senate elections in West Virginia, 2012
Fletcher ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. Senate, representing West Virginia. She lost to incumbent Joe Manchin in the Democratic primary on May 8.
|U.S. Senate-West Virginia Democratic Primary, 2012
Joe Manchin III Incumbent
| Sheirl Fletcher
Sheirl Fletcher was endorsed by the following organizations:
- National Right to Life Committee
- National Rifle Association
Fletcher ran in the 2010 special election to replace deceased Sen. Robert Byrd; she lost to Joe Manchin.
Fletcher has two children.