|U.S. House, Indiana, District 9|
|Bachelor's||Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne|
|Master's||Indiana University - South Bend, Vanderbilt University|
|Profession||Associate Director of Professional Development, Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business|
- Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne
- Indiana University - South Bend, Master's degree in Counseling & Human Services
- Vanderbilt University, Master's in Divinity
- Associate Director of Professional Development for Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business
- Executive Director of the Eating Disorders Coalition of Tennessee
- Director of a shelter for at-risk youth in South Bend
- Senior staffer with GirlForce, a nonprofit affiliate of the Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Yoder ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Indiana's 9th District. Yoder defeated Jonathan George, John Tilford, John Griffin Miller, and Robert Winningham in the May 8 Democratic primary and was defeated by Republican incumbent Todd Young in the November 6 general election.
|U.S. House, Indiana District 9 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Todd Young Incumbent||55.4%||165,332|
|Source: Indiana Secretary of State "House of Representatives Election Results"|
|U.S. House, Indiana, District 9 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|John Griffin Miller||7.5%||2,062|
Yoder has received endorsements from Pedro Roman, the President of the Latino Democratic Caucus and a Monroe County Human Rights Commissioner, High School Democrats, Indiana’s official state chapter of the Young Democrats of America-High School Caucus, and Mark Kruzan, mayor of Bloomington, Indiana.
On April 19, 2012, Yoder was endorsed by Floyd County Sheriff Darrell Mills.
|U.S. House, Indiana, District 9, 2012 - Shelli Yoder Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$1,819,057|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$1,823,459|
|Top contributors to Shelli Yoder's campaign committee|
|Democratic Party of Indiana||$5,000|
|Democracy for America||$4,618|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Building Trade Unions||$12,500|
|Civil Servants/Public Officials||$9,369|
Yoder is married to Josh Perry. They have three children, Ivy, Eden, and Oakley.
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Results," May 8, 2012
- Politico, "2012 Election Map, Indiana"
- Shelli Yoder for Congress, "About"Accessed April 23, 2012
- Indiana Secretary of State "2012 primary results"
- Shelli Yoder for Congress, "President of the Indiana Latino Democratic Caucus Endorses Shelli Yoder for Congress" accessed April 13, 2012
- Shelli Yoder for Congress, "Indiana High School Democrats Endorses Shelli Yoder for Congress" accessed April 13, 2012
- Shelli Yoder for Congress, "A Message from Mark Kruzan, Mayor of Bloomington" accessed April 13, 2012
- Shelli Yoder for Congress, "Floyd County Sheriff Darrell Mills Endorses Shelli Yoder" accessed May 1, 2012
- OpenSecrets, "2012 Election" accessed March 23, 2013