|Kansas House of Representatives District 29|
|2007 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of Cincinnati|
Prior to her election, Spalding worked as a news journalist, math teacher, and is presently an education researcher at the University of Kansas. She received her Bachelor's in Secondary Education from the University of Cincinnati.
Spalding has served as President of the Blue Valley Board of Education, special advocate for the Johnson County Court, regional VP for the Kansas Association of School Boards, and regional representative for the Kansas Association of School Board Legislative Committee.
Spalding's website lists her legislative priorities as excellence in * Education Committee, Kansas House of Representatives, attracting top quality businesses with high paying jobs, and building coalitions.
She refused to take Project Vote Smart's 2008 Political Courage Test. The test, which is administered to all candidates for presidential, congressional, gubernatorial, and state legislative offices, asks one central question - "Are you willing to tell citizens your positions on the issues you will most likely face on their behalf?"
- H 2245 Fair credit reporting act, credit freeze. 02/05/2009
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Spalding served on the following committees:
- Arts and Cultural Resources Committee, Kansas State Legislature
- Education Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Education Budget Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Transportation Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Spalding served on the following committees:
- Education Committee, House of Representatives
- Corrections and Juvenile Justice Committee, House of Representatives
- Government Efficiency and Fiscal Oversight Committee, House of Representatives
Spalding ran in District 8 this year due to redistricting. She was defeated by Craig McPherson in the August 7 Republican primary; McPherson will be unopposed in the November 6 general election.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 8 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Sheryl Spalding Incumbent||38.5%||868|
Spalding won re-election to the 29th District seat against Doug Dowell (D). In the August 3rd primary election, Spalding defeated Republican primary opponent Richard Downing by a margin of 1,362 to 1,333. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 29 General Election (2010)|
|Sheryl Spalding (R)||5,277|
|Doug Dowell (D)||1,852|
On November 4, 2008, Spalding was re-elected to the 29th District Seat in the Kansas House of Representatives, defeating Mike Pener (D).  Spalding raised $26,416 for her campaign, while Pener raised $0. 
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 29|
|Sheryl Spalding (R)||6,739||64.7%|
|Mike Pener (D)||3,675||35.2%|
In 2010, Spalding received $28,450 in campaign donations. The largest contributors to the campaign are listed below.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Sheryl Spalding's campaign in 2010|
|Greater Kansas City Chamber Of Commerce||$1,250|
|Kansas Contractors Association||$1,000|
|Kansas National Education Association||$1,000|
|Kansas Medical Society||$1,000|
|Kansas Optometric Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$28,450|
In 2008 Spalding collected $26,416 in donations.
Her four largest contributors were:
|Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce||$1,000|
|Kansas National Education Association||$750|
|Kansans for Lifesaving Cures||$750|
|Kansas Medical Society||$750|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Sheryl + Spalding + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Sheryl Spalding's Official Website
- Kansas Legislature - Sheryl Spalding
- Project Vote Smart Bio
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Kansas Votes profile
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2006, 2008
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Sheryl Spalding Biography
- ↑ Rep. Sheryl Spalding Issues
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Spalding Issue Positions
- ↑ Kansas Legislature - Bills Introduced by Member
- ↑ Official Kansas House of Representatives General Election Results, 2010
- ↑ 2008 Kansas Election Results
- ↑ Kansas House of Representatives, 2008 Money Raised
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
|Kansas House of Representatives District 29
| Succeeded by|
James Todd (R)
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |
Open Records Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |