|Nevada State Senate, Clark 5|
|2009 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|Term limits||3 terms (12 years)|
|High school||Clark High School|
|Date of birth||1955|
|Place of birth||Needles, CA|
Breeden received her diploma from Clark High School. She also attended Leadership 2000 training and the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Breeden served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Breeden served on these committees:
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2008
|Nevada State Senate, Clark 5 District (2008)|
|Shirley Breeden (D)||46,420||46.57%|
In 2008, Breeden collected $288,054 in donations.
Her five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Nevada State Senate Democrats||$15,103|
|Plumbers and Pipefitters Local 525||$10,522|
|American Federation of State County and Municipal Employees||$10,000|
|Committee to Elect Tom Collins||$10,000|
|A New Direction PAC||$10,000|
Nevada Policy Research Institute
The Nevada Policy Research Institute, a Nevada-based conservative-libertarian think tank, releases a "Legislative Report Card" evaluating members of the Nevada State Legislature on "each lawmaker's voting record on legislation impacting the degree of economic freedom and education reform." Bills determined by the Institute to be of greater significance are weighted accordingly. According to the Institute, "a legislator with a score above 50 is considered to be an ally of economic liberty".
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Shirley + Breeden + Nevada + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Shirley Breeden's official Nevada State Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Sen. Shirley Breeden," accessed November 19, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2008 General Election Results," accessed May 5, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions to Shirley Breeden," accessed November 19, 2014
- Nevada Policy Research Institute, "The 2011 Nevada Legislative Session Review & Report Card," accessed May 5, 2014
|Nevada State Senate District 5
| Succeeded by|
Joyce Woodhouse (D)