|Idaho State Senate District 20|
|January 2007 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Idaho House of Representatives|
|1996 - 2007|
|High school||Nampa High School|
|Birthday||April 12, 1935|
|Place of birth||Nampa, Idaho|
McKague graduated with her high school diploma from Nampa High School in 1951.
Before becoming a Senator, McKague was a member of the Idaho House of Representatives from 1997 to 2007. McKauge was also an Executive Secretary for the Idaho House from 1986 to 1996. McKauge was also a business partner from 1968 to 1996 and was a legal secretary from 1963 to 1978.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, McKague served on this committee:
- Commerce and Human Resources Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, McKague served on these committees:
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2012
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2010
|Idaho State Senate, District 20 (2010)|
|Shirley McKague (R)||11,731||100.0%|
On November 4, 2008, Republican McKague won re-election to the Idaho State Senate, District 20 receiving 68.7% of the vote (14,153 votes), ahead of Democrat Laurynda Williams who received 31.3% of the vote (6,435 votes).
McKague raised $45,818 for her campaign.
|Idaho State Senate, District 20 (2008)|
|Shirley McKague (R)||14,153||68.7%|
|Laurynda Williams (D)||6,435||31.3%|
In 2010, McKague received $22,773 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Idaho State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Shirley McKague's campaign in 2010|
|Idaho Farm Bureau||$1,300|
|Jr Simplot Co||$1,200|
|Total Raised in 2010||$22,773|
In 2008, McKague collected $45,818 in donations.
Her four largest contributors were:
|Idaho Farm Bureau||$2,000|
|Agriculture and Natural Resources Industry||$1,100|
Shirley is married to Paul McKeauge. They have six children and live in Meridian, Idaho.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Shirley + McKague + Idaho + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Sen. McKague's website
- Official Idaho Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Shirley McKague on Facebook
- Idaho Senate, Members of Idaho senate standing committees
- Political news.me, "Ron Paul Endorsed By Idaho State Sen. Shirley McKague," February 16, 2012
- The Republic, "Idaho redistricting panel adopts legislative map, plans to meet Monday on congressional plan," October 14, 2011
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed April 16, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Idaho Senate official election results for 2008," November 4, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2010 candidate contributions," accessed April 16, 2014
- McKague Campaign Donors
|Idaho State Senate District 20
| Succeeded by|
Chuck Winder (R)