Shoreline Unified School District bond proposition, Measure D (November 2009)
Measure D authorized the Shoreline Unified School District to borrow $9.29 million.
A 55% supermajority vote was required to enact Measure D.
The tax rate under Measure D is $27.51 per $100,000 of assessed property-tax value, escalating to $38.74 in 2010-11. The bonds are repayable over 25 years.
The proceeds of the Measure D loan were to be used to:
- Refinance a 2007 campus-improvement loan
- Perform seismic work, replace 1 – 2 portables, and modernize rooms/expand kitchen at Tomales High School.
- Replace math portable and music portable, and modernize back storage (old gym), at West Marin.
- Modernize facilities and grounds district-wide.
- The Marin Independent Journal's editorial board recommended to its readers that they vote "yes" on Measure D. They wrote, "This bond is about making better use of taxpayer money and keeping up with repairs and modern standards."
The question on the ballot:
|Measure D: "To improve the quality of education and provide a safe learning environment for our children by performing seismic upgrades, modernizing school facilities, replacing outdated portable classrooms and repaying outstanding debt incurred from past school construction projects, shall Shoreline Unified School District issue $9,290,000 of bonds at interest rates within legal limits with accountability provided by a citizens’ oversight committee and independent audit of expenditure of funds, with no funds used for administrators’ or teachers’ salaries?"|
- Election results
- Measures on the November 3, 2009 ballot in Marin County
- Website of the Shoreline Unified School District
- Summary of Measure D (dead link)
- Measure D Voter's Pamphlet (dead link)
- CBS 5, "Nine local measures on Marin ballot November 3," October 23, 2009 (dead link)
- Marin Independent Journal, "Editorial: IJ's recommendations on 4 school taxes on Nov. 3 ballot," October 19, 2009
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.