|Mississippi State Senate District 40|
|2004 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Bachelor's||University of Southern Mississippi|
|Date of birth||09/12/1971|
|Place of birth||Picayune, MS|
Albritton served in the Mississippi State Senate from 2004 to 2012.
Albritton has worked in the following positions: Detective/Patrol Officer for the Picayune Police Department, Justice Court Clerk for Pearl River County, Owner/Manager of Jackson Landing Food Mart, and Owner/Manager of Albritton Food Mart. He is currently an Accountant.
Albritton earned his AA from Pearl River Community College. He went on to receive his BSBA from the University of Southern Mississippi.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Albritton was appointed to these committees:
- Corrections Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Drug Policy Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Finance Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Highways and Transportation Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Housing Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Judiciary, Division A Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Judiciary, Division B Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Oil, Gas and Other Minerals Committee, Mississippi Senate
- PEER Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks Committee, Mississippi Senate
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2011
Albritton ran for re-election to the Mississippi Senate District 40. He defeated Mike Griffith in the primary on August 2, 2011, but lost to Angela Hill in a primary runoff election on August 23, 2011. Hill faces no Democratic opposition in the general election on November 8, 2011.
|Mississippi State Senate District 40 Republican Primary Runoff, 2011|
|Sidney Albritton Incumbent||47.7%||3,154|
|Mississippi State Senate, District 40 Republican Primary, 2011|
|Sidney Albritton Incumbent||43.2%||4,259|
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2007
Sidney Albritton raised $38,950 for his campaign.
|Mississippi Senate, District 40|
|Sidney Albritton (R)||13,990||100%|
In 2009 Sidney Albritton collected $10,875 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2009 were:
|Unreadable Flynt (Southern Strategy Group)||$2,000|
|Illinois Film PAC||$1,000|
|Isle of Capri Casino||$1,000|
Albritton and his wife, Lisa, have two children.
- Legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- Mississippi Department of State, "2011 Official State Senate Candidate List," accessed April 2, 2015
- Clarion Ledger, "Longwitz, Harkins apparent winners in GOP Senate races," August 23, 2011
- WDAM "Election 2011 Runoff Results," August 23, 2011
- Sun Herald, "Legislative incumbents toppled," August 23, 2011
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "Mississippi State Senate official election results for 2007," accessed April 2, 2015
- Follow the Money's report on Albritton's 2007 campaign contributions
- 2009 contributors to Sidney Albritton
|Mississippi State Senate District 40
| Succeeded by|