Sisters School District tax levy, March 2009
A Sisters School District Local Option Levy vote took place in the Sisters School District in Deschutes County in Oregon for March 10, 2009. The measure was approved by a double majority, receiving 54.47% of the votes cast.
The levy required a double majority:
- At least 50% of voters in the district must turn out to vote.
- 50% of those voters must vote "yes."
The same ballot measure was on the November 2008 ballot, where it failed by 26 votes.
- The levy would have a tax rate of 75 cents per $1,000 of assessed value over the next four years.
- It would provide one million dollars to fund classrooms and afterschool programs such as music and foreign language as well as keep the student-teacher ratio at about twenty four to one.
- The election was expected to cost about $7,700, which was paid by Deschutes County. The county will later be reimbursed with money from private contributions.