For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Sisters School District tax levy, March 2009
A Sisters School District Local Option Levy vote took place in the Sisters School District in Deschutes County in Oregon for March 10, 2009. The measure was approved by a double majority, receiving 54.47% of the votes cast.
The levy required a double majority:
- At least 50% of voters in the district must turn out to vote.
- 50% of those voters must vote "yes."
The same ballot measure was on the November 2008 ballot, where it failed by 26 votes.
- The levy would have a tax rate of 75 cents per $1,000 of assessed value over the next four years.
- It would provide one million dollars to fund classrooms and afterschool programs such as music and foreign language as well as keep the student-teacher ratio at about twenty four to one.
- The election was expected to cost about $7,700, which was paid by Deschutes County. The county will later be reimbursed with money from private contributions.