Smart Girl Politics
|Smart Girl Politics|
|Website:||Smart Girl Politics|
Smart Girl Politics started as a blog in July of 2008. In November of that year, founder Stacy Mott placed a help wanted ad on her blog asking for conservative women to join her in a new conservative movement. The organization took off from the initial help wanted ad, and the sixty emails Mott received after she posted it.
According to their website, SGP is a grass roots organization that promotes the opinions and principles of conservative women. They are dedicated to the advancement of conservative women in the Republican Party. Men are more than welcome to join. Their mission is:
- To strengthen support for those political candidates demonstrating a keen and unapologetic commitment to conservative principles and values.
- To support individual and collective efforts that improve our local, state and national conservative communities.
- To debate and develop clear positions that encourage conservative activism and consumerism in order to counter the negative or injudicious activity of popular culture via the mainstream media.
- To strengthen their community economic development in ways that reflect fiscal conservatism and responsible capitalism.
- To empower women everywhere to stand against the nefarious “ism’s” plaguing the world.
- To celebrate our differences, challenge our paradigms through accountable and responsible thoughts and actions.
This event was part of a national movement referred to as the Chicago Tea Party. The series of protests began in Seattle, Washington on February 16, 2009, later gaining momentum on Thursday, February 19, when Rick Santelli in an on-air segment on CNBC Business Newslive called for a "Chicago Tea Party." Santelli's remarks became known as the "Rant Heard 'Round the World."
Organizers sprang up in many different quarters of the fiscally conservative movement online and include Top Conservatives on Twitter, Smart Girl Politics, Don't Go, Americans for Tax Reform, the Heartland Institute, American Spectator Magazine, the New American Tea Party and many others.
- Smart Girl Politics website
- Smart Girl Politics ning
- Smart Girl Politics blog
- Smart Girl Politics Action 501(c)4 sister organization]
- Portrait of a Modern Feminist: Stacy Mott, , Independent Women's Forum, Charlotte Hays, February 11, 2013
Chicago Tea Party and Tax Day Tea Party
Asheville, NC | Atlanta, GA | Fayetteville, AR | Ft. Myers, FL | Gainesville, FL | Greenville, SC | Jackson, MS | Jacksonville, Florida | Lafayette, LA | Little Rock, AR | Nashville | Orlando | Sarasota, FL | Shelby County, AL | Tampa, FL |