|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
was a 2012 Democratic
candidate who sought election to the U.S. House
to represent the 3rd Congressional District
According to Simonsen's website, his campaign themes included:
- Economy: "... limit wasteful spending, invest wisely in future transportation and domestic renewable energy production, streamline the tax code for individuals and businesses, and support sustained investment in local jobs."
- Equality: "...insure that the benefits and privileges given to some are extended to all."
- Ethics: "...guide ethics and campaign finance reform, restoring appropriate constitutional rights to the people of the United States."
- See also: Utah's 3rd Congressional District elections, 2012
Simonsen was defeated by incumbent Jason Chaffetz. Simonsen ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Utah's 3rd District. He defeated Richard Clark in the Democratic convention. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
Breakdown of the source of Simonsen's campaign funds before the 2012 election.
Simonsen lost election to the U.S. House in 2012. During that election cycle, Simonsen's campaign committee raised a total of $30,602 and spent $30,782.
|U.S. House, Utah District 3, 2012 - Soren Simonsen Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner
|Total Spent by Election Winner
|Top contributors to Soren Simonsen's campaign committee|
|American Institute of Architects||$10,000
|Archipac -The American Institute of Architects||$10,000|
|Austin Baccus Co||$1,000
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Printing & Publishing||$250|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Soren + Simonsen + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Soren Simonsen News Feed