South Carolina 2000 ballot measures
November 7, 2000 ballot in the state of South Carolina.Three statewide ballot questions appeared on the
- All measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- All three measures were approved.
- Topics included education and taxes.
On the ballot
|Amendment 1||Education||Amend the constitution to permit a state lottery; direct revenue generated by lottery to Education Lottery Account.|
|Amendment 2||Taxes||Property tax assessment on cars and pickup trucks from the current 10.5 percent to 6 percent|
|Amendment 3||Taxes||Allows a county, by local referendum, to approve an additional sales and use tax|
- 2000 ballot measures
- List of South Carolina ballot measures
- South Carolina Legislature
- List of ballot measures by state