South Carolina secretary of state election, 2014
June 10, 2014
November 4, 2014
Governor • Lt. Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General
Treasurer, Comptroller, Auditor, Superintendent of Education, Commissioner of Agriculture, Adjutant General
Hammond's opponent in the general election is Democratic nonprofit consultant Ginny Deerin. Deerin's candidacy received a boost in September 2014 when the fiscally conservative South Carolina Club for Growth endorsed her bid for Secretary of State. The group's endorsement was based on Deerin's intention to cut fees and regulations for businesses and charities registering in the state. Hammond responded by saying that the endorsement "lacked authenticity."
|March 30||Primary and convention filing deadline|
|June 10||Primary election|
|August 15||Filing deadline for petition and nonpartisan candidates|
|November 4||General election|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "South + Carolina + Secretary + State + elections"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Carolina Secretary of State
- South Carolina state executive official elections, 2014
- State executive official elections, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013 through January 3, 2014 researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- The State, "Democratic political operative to challenge Hammond for SC secretary of state," February 18, 2014
- The Post and Courier, "South Carolina Club for Growth backs Democrat for first time," September 18, 2014
- Souith Carolina Election Commission, "2014 Election Calendar," January 8, 2014
State of South Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |