South Dakota 1896 ballot measures
November 3, 1896 ballot in South Dakota.Four statewide ballot measures were on the
- All four of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- All four of the measures were approved.
On the ballot
|Civil Township Debt Limit Referendum||Gov't Finances||Extends five percent debt limit to civil townships|
|Abolish Regents' Board of Trustees Referendum||Admin of Gov't||Abolish the Regents' Board of Trustees|
|Prohibition of Monopolies Referendum||Business||Makes monopolies, trusts and price fixing illegal|
|Prohibition Repeal Referendum||Alcohol||Repeals prohibition of alcohol|
- 1896 ballot measures
- List of South Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in South Dakota
- South Dakota Political Almanac, Table 7. Results of Elections Concerning State Constitutional Amendments and Initiated and Referred Laws, 1889-1968