For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
South Dakota 1896 ballot measures
November 3, 1896 ballot in South Dakota.Four statewide ballot measures were on the
- All four of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- All four of the measures were approved.
On the ballot
|Civil Township Debt Limit Referendum||Gov't Finances||Extends five percent debt limit to civil townships|
|Abolish Regents' Board of Trustees Referendum||Admin of Gov't||Abolish the Regents' Board of Trustees|
|Prohibition of Monopolies Referendum||Business||Makes monopolies, trusts and price fixing illegal|
|Prohibition Repeal Referendum||Alcohol||Repeals prohibition of alcohol|
- 1896 ballot measures
- List of South Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in South Dakota
- South Dakota Political Almanac, Table 7. Results of Elections Concerning State Constitutional Amendments and Initiated and Referred Laws, 1889-1968