South Dakota 1906 ballot measures
November 6, 1906 ballot in South Dakota.Four statewide ballot measures were on the
- All four of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- All four of the measures were approved.
On the ballot
|Agricultural Drainage Referendum||Food & Ag||Declares drainage of agricultural lands a public purpose and allows the legislature to provide funding for such projects|
|Superintendent Qualifications Referendum||State Exec||Allows for additional qualifications for superintendent of schools|
|Penitentiary Twine Plant Referendum||Prisons||Creates tax to fund a hard fiber twine and cordage plant at the state penitentiary|
|Municipal Courts Referendum||Judiciary||Provides for municipal courts in larger cities in lieu of police magistrates|
- 1906 ballot measures
- List of South Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in South Dakota
- South Dakota Political Almanac, Table 7. Results of Elections Concerning State Constitutional Amendments and Initiated and Referred Laws, 1889-1968
- Enabling Act and Constitution and the Laws Passed at the Ninth Session of the Legislature of the State of South Dakota