South Dakota 1908 ballot measures
- Two of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was an initiated state statute.
- Three of the measures were veto referendums.
- Three of the measures were approved and three were defeated.
On the ballot
|Attorney General's Salary Referendum||Gov't Salaries||Makes the attorney general's salary equivalent to the other state officers listed in Section 12 of Article 4|
|Revise Taxation Articles Referendum||Taxes||Revises the Revenue and Finance article of the state constitution|
|CISS||Local Liquor Option Initiative||Alcohol||Provides for the licensing, restriction and regulation of intoxicating liquors and spirits by local governments|
|VR||Action for Divorce Referendum||Divorce & Custody||Requires one year residence in state before commencement of divorce proceedings|
|VR||Protection of Quail Referendum||Hunt & Fish||Prohibits quail hunting until October 1, 1912; indefinitely prohibits quail nest and egg destruction|
|VR||Against Sunday Performance Referendum||Sunday||Prohibits most performances and sporting events on Sundays|
- 1908 ballot measures
- List of South Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in South Dakota
- South Dakota Political Almanac, Table 7. Results of Elections Concerning State Constitutional Amendments and Initiated and Referred Laws, 1889-1968
- Enabling Act and Constitution and the Laws Passed at the Tenth Session of the Legislature of the State of South Dakota
- The Freeman Courier, "Notice of Election," October 29, 1908
State of South Dakota
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Director of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |