South Dakota 1914 ballot measures
- Eight of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Two of the measures were indirect initiated state statutes.
- One of the measures was a constitutional convention question.
- One of the measures was a veto referendum.
- One of the measures was approved and 11 were defeated.
On the ballot
|ConCon||Call for Constitutional Convention||ConCon||Calls a constitutional convention|
|Superintendent's Term Limit||Term Limits||Removes the term limit of four consecutive years from the superintendent of schools|
|Legislative Terms||Term Limits||Extends the term of office for state legislators to four years|
|Municipal Initiative and Referendum||Direct Democracy||Extends the initiative and referendum processes to municipal laws|
|School Lands Purchase Interest||Gov't Finances||Reduces the interest on the purchases of school lands to 5 percent|
|Institutional Board Changes||Admin of Gov't||Renames the State Board of Charities and Corrections to the State Board of Control; modifies board powers|
|Irrigation Control and Promotion||Water||Declares irrigation for agricultural land a public purpose|
|Judge Disqualification||Judiciary||Provides for the disqualification of supreme court justices from certain cases and for their temporary replacements|
|Women's Suffrage||Suffrage||Grants suffrage to women by removing the word "male" from Section 1 of Article VII|
|IndISS||Coffey Primary Election Law||Elections||Repeals and replaces the Richard's Primary Law|
|IndISS||Local Liquor Option||Alcohol||Provides for the licensing, restriction and regulation of liquor sales on a local basis|
|VR||Normal School Course||Education||Affects the course of study at the Northern Normal and Industrial School|
- 1914 ballot measures
- List of South Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in South Dakota
- South Dakota Political Almanac, Table 7. Results of Elections Concerning State Constitutional Amendments and Initiated and Referred Laws, 1889-1968
- South Dakota Legislature, "Enabling Act and Constitution and the Laws Passed by the Thirteenth Session of the Legislature of the State of South Dakota," 1913
State of South Dakota
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Director of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |