South Dakota 1984 ballot measures
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment.
- Three of the measures were indirect initiated state statutes.
- Two of the measures were approved.
- Two of the measures were defeated.
On the ballot
|Amendment A||Admin of gov't||Combines the duties of the treasurer and the commissioner of school and public lands|
|IndISS||Initiative 1||Nuclear issues||Requires voter approval of nuclear waste disposal compacts|
|IndISS||Initiative 2||Education||Establishes opening day of school after Labor Day|
|IndISS||Initiative 3||Nuclear issues||Mandates a verifiable nuclear freeze|
- 1984 ballot measures
- List of South Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in South Dakota
- South Dakota Secretary of State: Historical ballot measures and election results
- South Dakota Political Almanac, South Dakota Constitutional Amendments, Initiatives and Referendums 1970-2010
- Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research: Referenda Elections for South Dakota 1968-1990
State of South Dakota
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Director of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |