South Dakota 1986 ballot measures
- Three of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was an indirect initiated state statute.
- Three of the measures were approved.
- One of the measures was defeated.
On the ballot
|Amendment A||State exec||Changes the duties of the lieutenant governor|
|Amendment B||Lottery||Authorizes a state lottery|
|Amendment C||Education||Authorizes the loaning of nonsectarian textbooks to all children|
|IndISS||Initiative 1||Admin of Gov't||Establishes the last Monday in May as the observance of Memorial Day|
- 1986 ballot measures
- List of South Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in South Dakota
- South Dakota Secretary of State: Historical ballot measures and election results
- South Dakota Political Almanac, Table 7. Results of Elections Concerning State Constitutional Amendments and Initiated and Referred Laws, 1889-1968
- Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research: Referenda Elections for South Dakota 1968-1990
State of South Dakota
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Director of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |