South Dakota 1996 ballot measures
- Two of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was an initiated state statute.
- All three of the measures were approved.
On the ballot
|Amendment A||Gov't finances||Relates to the investment of permanent education funds.|
|Amendment B||Taxes||Requires a supermajority vote in state legislature to impose or increase taxes.|
|CISS||Initiative 1||Term limits||Requires members of the U.S. Congress from South Dakota to support the establishment of term limits|
- 1996 ballot measures
- List of South Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in South Dakota
- South Dakota Secretary of State: Historical ballot measures and election results
- South Dakota Political Almanac, South Dakota Constitutional Amendments, Initiatives and Referendums 1970-2010
- South Dakota Secretary of State: Historical Election Data
State of South Dakota
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Director of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |