South Dakota 1998 ballot measures
- Six of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Two of the measures were initiated constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was a veto referendum.
- Two of the measures were approved.
- Seven of the measures were defeated.
On the ballot
|Amendment A||Taxes||Prohibits taxation of real property for school purposes.|
|Amendment B||Gov't Finances||Creates a special interim legislative committee to approve transfer of appropriated funds|
|Amendment C||Legislature||Changes rules governing legislative conflicts of interest.|
|Amendment D||Local gov't||Authorizates local initiatives to provide for cooperation and organization of local government|
|Amendment E||Business reg||Prohibits corporate farming|
|Amendment F||Taxes||Classifies agricultural property for purposes of taxation|
|Amendment G||Gov't Finances||Permits permanent school funds to be invested in stocks, bonds|
|Amendment H||Admin of gov't||Changes age qualifications for the offices of governor, lieutenant governor and state legislature|
|VR||Referendum 2||Admin of gov't||Transfers unclaimed property office to the Secretary of Revenue|
- 1998 ballot measures
- List of South Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in South Dakota
- South Dakota Secretary of State: Historical ballot measures and election results
- South Dakota Political Almanac, South Dakota Constitutional Amendments, Initiatives and Referendums 1970-2010
- South Dakota Secretary of State: Historical Election Data
State of South Dakota
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Director of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |