South Dakota 2002 ballot measures
- The one measure was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment.
- The one measure was defeated.
- One of the measures was an initiated constitutional amendment.
- Two of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was an initiated state statute.
- One of the measures was approved.
- Three of the measures were defeated.
On the ballot
|Amendment A||Business reg||Prohibits certain corporations and other limited liability business entities from farming|
|Amendment A||Law enforcement||Guarantees certain rights to a person accused of a crime|
|Amendment B||Legislature||Adopts a new plan for establishing legislative districts|
|Amendment C||State exec||Extends the time allowed for the governor's review of legislation passed by the legislature.|
|CISS||Initiative 1||Marijuana||Allows certain activities with industrial hemp.|
- 2002 ballot measures
- List of South Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in South Dakota
- South Dakota Secretary of State: Historical ballot measures and election results
- South Dakota Political Almanac, South Dakota Constitutional Amendments, Initiatives and Referendums 1970-2010
- South Dakota Secretary of State: Historical Election Data
State of South Dakota
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Director of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |