South Dakota 2006 ballot measures
- Two of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Two of the measures were initiated constitutional amendments.
- Six of the measures were initiated state statutes.
- One of the measures was a veto referendum.
- Three of the measures were approved
- Eight of the measures were defeated.
On the ballot
|Amendment C||Marriage & family||Makes only marriage between a man and a woman valid.|
|Amendment D||Taxes||Makes property value assessments equal to purchase price.|
|Amendment E||Judiciary||Creates a 'Special Grand Jury' to hear cases of alleged judicial misconduct.|
|Amendment F||Legislature||Makes changes to legislative expenses, prohibitions and term limits|
|CISS||Initiative 2||Tobacco||Raises taxes on tobacco products.|
|CISS||Initiative 3||Education||Prohibits the start of a school term prior to the last day of August.|
|CISS||Initiative 4||Marijuana||Provides access to medical marijuana.|
|CISS||Initiative 5||Transportation||Restricts the use of state owned aircraft to official use only.|
|CISS||Initiative 7||Gambling||Repeals video lottery.|
|CISS||Initiative 8||Taxes||Repeals a 4% telecommunications tax on cell-phone companies.|
|VR||Referendum 6||Abortion||Prohibits all abortions and makes it a felony to perform one.|
- 2006 ballot measures
- List of South Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in South Dakota
- South Dakota Secretary of State: Historical ballot measures and election results
- South Dakota Political Almanac, South Dakota Constitutional Amendments, Initiatives and Referendums 1970-2010
- South Dakota Secretary of State: Historical Election Data
State of South Dakota
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Director of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |