South Dakota Amendment F, Repeal Term Limits (2006)
|South Dakota Amendment F (2006)|
Election Results via: South Dakota Secretary of State
The proposed changes were suggested by the Constitutional Revision Commission and are summarized below:
- Repeal Term limits.
- Update the Constitution's language to reflect new technologies, and to make it clear that electronic voting is permissible.
- Remove limitations on legislator's expense reimbursement, and allow legislators to receive salaries, per diem, expenses, etc.
- Remove prohibitions to enacting private or special laws, but restrict the introduction of special laws when general or local law apply.
- Shorten the procedure for introducing a bill.
- Require a two-thirds vote to close legislative session to the public, and prohibit any votes taken in closed session.
- Allow the legislature to assume emergency powers in the event of natural or human-made disaster.
- South Dakota 2006 ballot measures
- 2006 ballot measures
- South Dakota State Senate
- South Dakota House of Representatives
State of South Dakota
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Director of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |