South Dakota Director of Insurance
|South Dakota Director of Insurance|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|2013 FY Budget:||$2,380,493|
|Selection Method:||Appointed by Governor|
|Assumed office:||August 8, 2005|
|Other South Dakota Executive Offices|
|Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General • Treasurer • Auditor • Superintendent of Education • Agriculture Commissioner • Insurance Commissioner • Natural Resources Commissioner • Labor Commissioner • Public Service Commission|
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches the constitutional or statutory text that authorizes the creation of a state executive office. That information for the South Dakota Director of Insurance has not yet been added. After extensive research we were unable to identify any relevant information on state official websites. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
The director of insurance and the secretary of labor are both appointed by the governor.
The mission of the insurance division is to "protect the public and make insurance available and affordable by:
- efficiently providing quality assistance,
- providing fair regulation for industry, and
- promoting a healthy, competitive insurance market"
The division of insurance is divided into three main sections:
The budget for the Division of Insurance in Fiscal Year 2013 was $ 4,781,056.
- See also: Compensation of state executive officers
South Dakota Division of Insurance
445 East Capitol Avenue
Pierre SD, 57501
Phone: (605) 773-3563
Fax: (605) 773-5369
- Insurance Commissioner
- Merle Scheiber
- South Dakota Secretary of Labor
- Pamela Roberts
- South Dakota state executive offices
- ↑ South Dakota Legislature, "South Dakota Codified Laws Chapter 1-37-1," Accessed December 26, 2012
- ↑ dlr.SD.gov, "Division of insurance," accessed October 24, 2011
- ↑ South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation "Insurance Division" Accessed February 4, 2013
- ↑ South Dakota Bureau Finance and Management, "Budget in Brief FY 2013," accessed April 8, 2013
- ↑ The Council of State Governments,"The Book of States 2010 Table 4.11," retrieved May 14, 2011