South Dakota Oil Refinery Initiative (2008)
|South Dakota Oil Refinery Initiative|
The initiative was supported by Hyperion Energy Center, the company that would build the refinery, and a citizen's group called Citizens for Hyperion. Supporters of the initiative were able to raise substantially more money than groups opposing the measure.
The initiative was opposed by local citizen groups' Save Union County and Citizens Opposed to Oil Pollution.
- Save Union County's website
- Citizens Opposed to Oil Pollution
- Hyperion Energy Center's website
- Citizens for Hyperion
- The Hyperion Project a blog covering the initiative
- Breakdown of votes by region
- Union County approves zoning ordinance for Hyperion Sioux City Journal, June 4, 2008
- Officials: Voter turnout highest ever Sioux City Journal, June 4, 2008
- Pro-refinery forces hold advantage in funding Sioux City Journal, May 24, 2008