South Dakota Two-Thirds Majority for Tax Increases Amendment (2014)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
- Legislators in support of the measure argued that there is no difference between a tax increase form lawmakers and one initiated by citizens and that both should therefore be subject to the same requirements.
Path to the ballot
On March 5, 2013, the South Dakota House of Representatives voted 35-34 against placing the measure on the ballot. Later that day, a motion to reconsider was voted down, effectively defeating the proposal.
- 2014 ballot measures
- South Dakota 2014 ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in South Dakota
- Republic Capitol Bureau, "SD amendment would raise voting requirement for taxes," February 12, 2013 (dead link)
- Republic Capitol Bureau, "House to decide if tax issue will go on ’14 ballot," accessed March 5, 2013 (dead link)
- American News, "Amendment fails to be placed on SD ballot," accessed March 5, 2013
State of South Dakota
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Director of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |