|Wisconsin State Assembly District 77|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Black has worked as a high school teacher and as Curator of Education for the State Historical Society of Wisconsin.
In May 2010 he announced he would not be running for re-election in the fall, stating, "The opportunity to represent my neighbors in the legislature has been the greatest honor of my life. I take pride in the way I have served during my time in the Assembly as well as what I have been able to accomplish."
- Colleges and Universities Committee
- Natural Resources Committee (Chair)
- State Affairs and Homeland Security Committee
- Joint Legislative Council Committee, Wisconsin State Legislature
- Special Committee on Enhancing Recreational Trails for Non-Motorized Use
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
Black did not seek re-election in 2010.
Legislation sponsored in 2009 includes:
- AB-170 Bags provided by retailers limited to bags made of compostable plastic or recyclable paper or intended for multiple uses
- AB-245 Lobbying by former legislators prohibited for 12 months following their last day in office; penalty provisions
- AB-246 Automatic dialing announcing devices: regulations created; exceptions provided
For a full listing of sponsored legislation and details see the House site.
The top five donors to Black's 2008 campaign were mainly individuals:
|Progressive Majority Wisconsin||$100|
- Representative Black's electronic office
- Representative Black's web page
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Spencer Black
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign profile
- Representative Black's Freedom Speaks profile
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 77
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |