For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
St. Charles County, Missouri
- Main article: Evaluation of Missouri county websites
This website was most recently reviewed on Jan. 31, 2013.
- Budgets are posted.
- Budgets are archived to 2008.
- Elected Officials
- County Council members are listed with email contact information
- Administrative officials are listed under their respective departments.
- Information on taxes is posted.
- Public Records
- Elected officials
- Individual telephone numbers are not provided.
- Meeting agendas are not posted.
- Does not disclose if belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
|2011 Estimate||2012 Request||2012 Approp|
|Beginning Fund Balance||103,494,160||112,158,813||104,931,435||122,839,041||139,204,347||139,204,347||139,204,347||143,472,086||130,337,312||130,337,312|
|Fees, Licenses and Permits||19,452,097||21,667,520||20,617,977||18,757,054||19,255,103||19,205,103||19,199,646||19,008,182||18,617,666||18,609,595|
|Total Available Resources||285,889,008||294,662,967||304,991,840||334,488,733||335,207,377||335,402,385||334,934,036||325,946,541||336,675,414||336,529,526|
| Interfund Transfers &
|Ending Fund Balance||112,158,813||122,839,041||42,403,268||139,204,347||54,665,219||51,522,363||46,867,562||130,337,312||48,481,128||42,840,709|
All legislative powers of the County are vested in the County Council. The Council consists of seven members, one member nominated and elected by the voters in each of the seven Council districts. Council members are elected by the registered voters of St. Charles County for a four-year term, with terms of office beginning in January. The Chair and Vice-Chair are elected each January by the members of the Council.
- Main article: Missouri public pensions
County employees participate in the Missouri Local Government Employees Retirement System. The county pays the entire cost of the pension program.
- Main article: Missouri government sector lobbying
In 2008, St. Charles County reported $60,000 spent on lobbying.
Transparency & public records
St. Charles County received a 2012 Sunny Award for receiving a nearly perfect score on the Ten Point Transparency Checklist.
The Missouri GOP was forced to reschedule the St. Charles County 2012 caucuses after a lack of transparency caused a chaotic turn in the first attempt. County Republican leaders attempted to ban audio and video recording equipment, causing caucus-goers to adjourn the process.
Tax rates can be found here. The tax collector collects a personal property and real estate tax. Both taxes are based on a percentage of the market valuation of property. Rates are divided up by subdivision, based on votes held by residents of the division.
- Official St. Charles County Website
- St. Charles County Department of Health and Environment
- St. Charles County Economic Development Center
- St. Charles County on E-Reference
- County Council members
- Meeting Schedules
- Meeting Minutes
- County Assessor
- Building Permits
- Audit Archives
- Current Bids
- Awarded Bids
- Recorder of Deeds
- County Council
- Summary of Benefits
- St. Charles- Open Secrets
- "Missouri GOP Reschedules St. Charles County Caucus," The Missourian, March 23, 2012
- Tax FAQ's
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |