Saint John the Baptist Parish, Louisiana is one of sixty-four parishes in Louisiana. A parish, in Louisiana, is the equivalent of a county in other states. The parish seat is Edgard, an unincorporated area. In 2000, its population was 43,044.
- See also: Evaluation of Louisiana parish websites
- Meeting minutes are archived for four years.
- A meeting calendar is available and names the times and locations of public meetings.
- Meeting video or podcasts are available.
- Elected officials
- Elected officials are listed with a mailing address, phone number and personalized e-mail.
- The most current budget is listed.
- The most recent audit is posted.
- Audits dating to 2007 are available.
- Administrative officials
- Department heads are listed for each department.
- Contact information for administrative officials is provided, including a mailing address, phone number, and personalized e-mail.
- Public records
- The public information officer is identified. This person provides a mailing address, phone number and personalized e-mail (contact info is provided on public records form).
- A public records form is provided by the Custodian of Records.
- A fee schedule for documents is provided. The form may be emailed, faxed or hand delivered.
- Permits and zoning
- Zoning ordinances are posted online.
- Permit applications can be downloaded on the site, along with information on how to apply for the permits.
- Bids and RFPs are posted online.
- Approved contract statements are provided for vendors.
- Tax revenues are broken down by federal, state and local funding in the budget.
- Local taxes, like property taxes, are available online.
- Residents are able to pay taxes online.
- Meeting agendas are not posted.
- No information on parish lobbying is available.
- Budgets are not archived for three years.
- ↑ St John's Parish, Council Minutes, Accessed: Dec 11, 2012
- ↑ St John's Parish, Council, Accessed: Dec 11, 2012
- ↑ St John's Parish, Budget, Accessed: Dec 13, 2012
- ↑ St John's Parish, Audits, Accessed: Dec 13, 2013
- ↑ St John's Parish, Administration, Accessed: Dec 13, 2013
- ↑ St John's Parish, Public Records, Accessed: Dec 13, 2012
- ↑ St John's Parish, Permits, Accessed: Dec 13, 2012
- ↑ St John's Parish, Contracts, Accessed: Dec 13, 2012
- ↑ St John's Parish, Taxes, Accessed: Dec 13, 2012
- ↑ St John's Parish, Tax Payments, Accessed: Dec 13, 2012