|Former candidate for|
|North Carolina State Senate District 1|
|January 26, 2011 - January 1, 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed||January 25, 2011|
|High school||Manteo High School|
|Bachelor's||East Carolina University|
|Profession||Owner of Stan White Realty and Construction|
White earned his B.S. from East Carolina University. His professional experience includes working as a teacher in the Dare County Public School System and owning Stan White Realty and Construction on the Outer Banks. He is a former member of Dare County commissioners and board chairman.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, White served on these committees:
- Agriculture/Environment/Natural Resources
- Education/Higher Education
- Insurance Committee
- Program Evaluation
- State and Local Government
White's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: " I will fight to repeal this misguided legislation and restore the necessary funding to support critically needed public services and infrastructure in our district. I will also promote legislation that will stimulate small business development and economic growth."
Protection of Natural Resources
- Excerpt: "Our farming, fishing, tourism and marine industries will not be able to thrive without protecting the water quality of our rivers, ocean and sounds. By safeguarding our natural resources we will enhance our quality of life and continue making our region a place where people will want to live and visit and businesses will want to grow and invest."
- Excerpt: "I will fight to reverse this reckless legislation and pledge to defend and safeguard our public education system. After all, protecting public education will help secure the economic future of our children by giving them the skills they need to compete in this global economy."
Responsible Government Spending
- Excerpt: "I am committed to providing the necessary resources to help grow our economy and fund vital public services. At the same time, I pledge to make careful budget decisions and make sure your hard earned tax dollars are spent wisely and efficiently."
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Bill Cook was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Stan White defeated Judy Krahenbuhl in the Democratic primary. Cook defeated White in the general election.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 1 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Bill Cook Incumbent||53.5%||32,143|
|North Carolina State Senate, District 1 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|North Carolina State Senate, District 1, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Stan White Incumbent||50%||43,714|
In 2014, White's endorsements included the following:
- Dale Draper-Dare County Democratic Party Chair (2005-2009)
- Becky Howard-Currituck County Democratic Party Chair (2013)
- North Carolina Association of Educators
White and his wife, Susie, have one child. They reside in Nags Head.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Stan + White + North Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina State Senate
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina State Senate elections, 2014
- North Carolina State Senate District 1
- Raleigh News and Observer, "Panel elects Basnight successor," January 24, 2011
- Project Vote Smart, "Stan White," accessed March 24, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Issues," accessed March 24, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
- North Carolina Board of Elections, "Candidate lists," accessed March 9, 2012
- Official campaign website, "Endorsements," accessed March 24, 2014
Marc Basnight (D)
|North Carolina State Senate District 1
| Succeeded by|
William Cook (R)