Stand for Marriage Maine
"There's a million other things we'd rather be doing but we believe this is a fight worth fighting. The Legislature and Governor Baldacci did a disservice to the people of Maine, and the people deserve to know what this law is all about. We're fighting for a good cause," said Stand for Marriage Maine communications director Scott Fish.
TV campaign ads can be viewed here.
Individual groups that support placing the measure on the ballot include, according to Stand for Marriage Maine:
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Portland
- Maine Jeremiah Project
- National Organization for Marriage
- Maine Marriage Initiative
- Daughters of Isabella
- Knights of Columbus
- Concerned Women of America, Maine Chapter
- Maine Coalition of Concerned Families
- Eagle Forum
- Family Watch International
- Marriage4 Maine
- Stand for Marriage,"Stand for Marriage Maine Issues Statement About Opposition to Question 1," October 1, 2009