|Massachusetts State Senate, Hampshire and Franklin|
|1991 - present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||22|
|President Pro Tempore, Massachusetts State Senate|
|2003 - present|
|First Assistant Majority Leader, Massachusetts State Senate|
|1999 - 2002|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives|
|Birthday||October 12, 1949|
|Place of birth||Revere, Massachusetts|
Rosenberg served in the Massachusetts House of Representatives from 1987 to 1991. He has served on the Massachusetts Democratic State Committee, and was involved with the State Redistricting Committee in 2000.
Rosenberg graduated from the University of Massachusetts-Amherst in 1977. His professional experience includes working as a district director for United States Representative Chester Atkins; staff member of the Massachusetts Democratic Party; aide to State Senator Olver; and director of the Arts Extension Service, community development, and human service programs for the University of Massachusetts-Amherst.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Rosenberg served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Ethics and Rules, Chair|
|• Rules Joint, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Downing served on these committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Special Joint Committee on Redistricting, Chair|
|• Higher Education Joint|
Rosenberg won re-election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts State Senate Hampshire, Franklin, and Worcester District. Rosenberg was unopposed in the September 6 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Rosenberg won re-election to the Hampshire and Franklin District Seat in 2010. He had no opposition. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Massachusetts State Senate - Hampshire and Franklin District|
|Stanley Rosenberg (D)||46,448|
On November 4, 2008, Rosenberg won re-election in the Senate election for the Hampshire and Franklin district.  In this election he raised $175,733; of that total $171,123 (97.4%) was from in state contributions and $4,025 (2.3%) was from out of state contributions.
|Massachusetts State Senate - Hampshire and Franklin district|
|Stanley Rosenberg (D)||61,958|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Rosenberg received $75,403 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Massachusetts State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Stanley Rosenberg's campaign in 2010|
|May, Ernest D||$700|
|New England Regional Council Of Carpenters||$500|
|Kamansky, Edmund J||$500|
|Mccarthy Iii, John Joseph||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$75,403|
In 2008 Stanley Rosenberg collected $175,733 in donations. 
His largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Massachusetts Democratic Party||$1,000|
|Massachusetts Corrections Officers federal Union||$1,000|
Rosenberg was born in Revere, Massachusetts and raised in Amherst, Massachusetts.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Stanley + Rosenberg + Massachusetts + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- State Sen. Stan Rosenberg hopeful that Massachusetts legislature will pass ... - MassLive.com
- Massachusetts Senate leaders unveil $33.9 billion proposed budget, balanced ... - MassLive.com
- UMass student trustees: No more tuition hikes - Sentinel and Enterprise
- Turnpike tolls appear set to be restored to finance transportation projects in ... - MassLive.com
- Tarr wary of Senate budget plan revenues - The Daily News of Newburyport
- UMass Amherst's 30th chancellor, Kumble Subbaswamy, inaugurated; said it's ... - MassLive.com
- University of Massachusetts President Robert Caret asks Senate for $39 million ... - MassLive.com
- Dalai Lama to address Tulane's commencement; 2971 students will receive ... - NOLA.com
- Wmass turnpike tolls may be restored - WWLP 22News
- Bill Cosby seeks protections for Massachusetts celebrities after they die - MassLive.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Senator Rosenberg's website
- Office website
- Project Vote Smart policies
- Project Vote Smart senator biographies
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- State Surge profile - legislative and voting track record
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Senator Rosenberg
- ↑ 2012 State Primary Candidate List "Massachusetts Secretary of State," Acccessed June 26, 2012
- ↑ Return of Votes for Massachusetts State Election November 4, 2008
- ↑ Follow the Money 2008
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 Contributions
- ↑ 2008 contributors to Stanley Rosenberg
|Massachusetts State Senate Hampshire and Franklin
| Succeeded by|