The Public Safety, Local Government and Veterans Affairs Committee
(formerly, the State and Local Government and Veterans' Affairs Committee) was a standing committee
of the Ohio State Senate
. In 2015, this committee was changed to the State and Local Government Committee
Per the Senate Rules, committees of the Ohio State Senate are appointed by the President of the Senate. The rules do not give a specific date to which committees are assigned but committee appointments occur after the organization of the Senate. The President shall appoint a chair and vice-chair of each standing committee as well as a ranking minority member. The Minority Leader can recommend minority membership and a ranking minority member for each committee. The President can be substituted as a voting member on any standing committee. The Minority Leader shall be an ex-officio nonvoting member of each committee, and at the Minority Leader's request, the President can substitute for the Minority Leader as a voting member on any committee.
A majority of members in a committee is considered quorum.
See rules: Rules of the Senate
||The Senate Public Safety, Local Government & Veterans Affairs Committee focuses on bills, policies and issues that directly impact the roles and responsibilities of public safety and local governments. The committee also oversees issues affecting veterans and veteran organizations.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ohio General Assembly, "Rules of the Senate," accessed January 29, 2014(Rule 19)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Ohio General Assembly, "Rules of the Senate," accessed January 29, 2014(Rule 20)
- ↑ Ohio General Assembly, "Rules of the Senate," accessed January 29, 2014(Rule 23)
- ↑ Ohio State Senate, "About the Committee," accessed January 29, 2014
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.