| Select a decade or click to the left and right to scroll through the decades.
This list sorts current state representatives according to the year they were first elected or appointed to their current office of state representative.
- If a state representative previously held a different elective office, this list does not sort them based on their year of election to the office they held earlier. Rather, it sorts them only by the year of their election/appointment to a currently-held position of state representative.
- In some states, legislators are sworn-in to office the year that they were elected. In other states, they assume office (are sworn in) the following year, typically in January. Representatives are ranked below based on the year they were appointed or elected, not on the year they were sworn in.
Editor's Note: Some years may be blank because there are no current state legislators who first assumed office in those years.
- See also: State senators sorted by year first elected to senate, 1960's
- Lacey Putney (I) from Virginia House of Delegates District 19.
- Tom Craddick (R) from Texas House of Representatives, District 82.
|Legislatures|Alabama (H, S) · Alaska (H, S) · Arizona (H, S) · Arkansas (H, S) · California (A, S) · Colorado (H, S) · Connecticut (H, S) · Delaware (H, S) · Florida (H, S) · Georgia (H, S) · Hawaii (H, S) · Idaho (H, S) · Illinois (H, S) · Indiana (H, S) · Iowa (H, S) · Kansas (H, S) · Kentucky (H, S) · Louisiana (H, S) · Maine (H, S) · Maryland (H, S) · Massachusetts (H, S) · Michigan (H, S) · Minnesota (H, S) · Mississippi (H, S) · Missouri (H, S) · Montana (H, S) · Nebraska · Nevada (A, S) · New Hampshire (H, S) · New Jersey (GA, S) · New Mexico (H, S) · New York (A, S) · North Carolina (H, S) · North Dakota (H, S) · Ohio (H, S) · Oklahoma (H, S) · Oregon (H, S) · Pennsylvania (H, S) · Rhode Island (H, S) · South Carolina (H, S) · South Dakota (H, S) · Tennessee (H, S) · Texas (H, S) · Utah (H, S) · Vermont (H, S) · Virginia (H, S) · Washington (H, S) · West Virginia (H, S) · Wisconsin (A, S) · Wyoming (H, S)
|Features of |