For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
State senators sorted by year first elected to senate, 1970's
In the 50 American states, there are a total of 1,971 state senators.
This list sorts them according to the year they were first elected or appointed to their current office.
- If a current state senator on this list previously held a different elective office, this list does not sort that person based on his or her year of election to the office held earlier. Rather, it sorts the senator only by the year of election/appointment to a currently-held position of state senator.
- In some states, senators are sworn-in to office the year that they were elected. In other states, they assume office (are sworn in) the following year, typically in January. Senators are sorted below based on the year they were appointed or elected, not on the year they were sworn in.
- Note: Some years may be blank. There are no current state legislators who first assumed office in those years.
- Bill Raggio (R) from Nevada State Senate Washoe 3 District.
- Caesar Trunzo (R) from New York State Senate, District 3.
- John McBurney (D) from Rhode Island State Senate District 15.
- Thomas Mike Miller, Jr. (Maryland) (D) from Maryland State Senate District 27.
- Harris McDowell (D) from Delaware State Senate District 1.
- Hugh Farley (R) from New York Senate District 49.
- John Pinto (D) from New Mexico Senate District 3.
- Kenneth LaValle (R) from New York Senate District 1.
- Nikki Setzler (D) from South Carolina State Senate District 26.
- Ray Holmberg (R) from North Dakota State Senate District 17.
- Martin Connor (D) from New York State Senate, District 25.
- Robert Marshall (D) from Delaware State Senate District 3.
- Stewart Greenleaf (R) from Pennsylvania State Senate District 12.
- Timothy Jennings (D) from New Mexico Senate District 32.