|Delaware House of Representatives District 2|
|2011 - Present|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$7,334 annual expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Delaware State University|
|Master's||Boston College, 1974|
|Birthday||August 16, 1946|
|Place of birth||Wilmington|
Bolden holds an M.Ed. from Boston College and a B.S. from Delaware State University.Bolden is a retired educator in the Christina (DE) School District. She served on the Wilmington City Council from 1992 to 2010, from 2008 to 2010 as president pro tempore.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bolden served on the following committees:
|Delaware Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Gaming & Parimutuels|
|• Housing & Community Affairs, Chair|
|• Revenue & Finance|
|• Sunset Committee (Policy Analysis & Government Accountability)|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Bolden served on these committees:
|Delaware Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Health & Human Development|
|• Housing & Community Affairs|
Elections for the office of Delaware House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 8, 2014. Incumbent Stephanie T. Bolden was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Richard Dyton was unopposed in the Republican primary. Bolden defeated Dyton in the general election.
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 2, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Stephanie T. Bolden Incumbent||82%||2,393|
Bolden ran in the 2012 election for Delaware House of Representatives District 2. Bolden defeated Arthur Scott in the Democratic primary on September 11, 2012 and was unchallenged in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 2, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Stephanie Bolden Incumbent||100%||6,253|
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 2 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Stephanie Bolden Incumbent||62.1%||1,400|
Bolden won election to District 2 of the Delaware House of Representatives in 2010. She did not face any opposition in the November 2 general election.
| Delaware House of Representatives, District 2 |
2010 General election results
|Stephanie Bolden (R)||4,485||100%|
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 2 - Democratic Primary (2010)|
|Hazel D. Plant||645||48.8%|
Comprehensive donor information for Bolden is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Bolden raised a total of $43,079 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 19, 2013.
|Stephanie Bolden's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Delaware State House, District 2||$29,189|
|2010||Delaware State House, District 2||$13,890|
|Grand Total Raised||$43,079|
2012Bolden won re-election to the Delaware House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Bolden raised a total of $29,189.
|Delaware House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Stephanie Bolden's campaign in 2012|
|Bolden, Stephanie T||$9,990|
|Government Employees Credit Center||$600|
|Laborers District Council of De||$600|
|First State Manufactured Housing Association||$600|
|Total Raised in 2012||$29,189|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Bolden raised $13,890 in contributions.
She contributed the most to her campaign, $5,600.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their stances on "social and economic justice issues."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Stephanie + Bolden + Delaware + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delaware House of Representatives
- Delaware House Committees
- Delaware House of Representatives District 2
- Delaware State Legislature
- Stephanie Bolden campaign website (Archived)
- House website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Stephanie Bolden on Facebook
- State of Delaware, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election results," accessed November 13, 2014
- Delaware State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed July 13, 2012
- Delaware Elections Division, "Official 2010 Election results," accessed March 20, 2014
- WDEL, "Korn wins, incumbents Plant & Walsh lose," September 15, 2010
- followthemoney.org, "Bolden, Stephanie," accessed September 19, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 21, 2014
|Delaware House District 2
| Succeeded by|