Stephanie Garcia Richard
|Stephanie Garcia Richard|
|New Mexico House of Representatives District 43|
|December 31, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Silver High School|
Garcia Richard's earned a B.A. in Political Science from Bernard College, Columbia University in 1996 and a Certificate in Teaching from California State University, Los Angeles in 2006. Her professional experience includes teaching.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Garcia Richard served on the following committees:
|New Mexico Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations and Finance|
|• Enrolling and Engrossing - B|
Elections for the office of New Mexico House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 4, 2014. Incumbent Stephanie Richard was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Geoff Rodgers defeated Vincent Chiravalle in the Republican primary. Richard and Rodgers will face off in the general election.
|New Mexico House of Representatives, District 43 Republican Primary, 2014|
Garcia Richard ran in the 2012 election for New Mexico House of Representatives District 43. She ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012 and defeated incumbent James W. Hall (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New Mexico House of Representatives, District 43, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Jim Hall Incumbent||48.8%||6,788|
|New Mexico House of Representatives Democratic Primary, District 43 (2010)|
Soundbites from bipartisan forum
Comprehensive donor information for Richard is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Richard raised a total of $235,507 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 28, 2013.
|Stephanie Richard's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||New Mexico State House, District 43||$138,215|
|2010||New Mexico State House, District 43||$97,292|
|Grand Total Raised||$235,507|
2012Richard won election to the New Mexico State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Richard raised a total of $138,215.
|New Mexico State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Stephanie Richard's campaign in 2012|
|Forward New Mexico||$5,000|
|New Mexico House Majority Fund||$5,000|
|American Federation of Teachers||$5,000|
|New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$138,215|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Richard lost the election for the New Mexico State House in 2010. During that election cycle, Richard raised a total of $97,292.
|New Mexico State House 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Stephanie Richard's campaign in 2010|
|Plumbers & Steamfitters Local 412||$3,500|
|New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association||$3,000|
|Egolf, Brian F.||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$97,292|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2012, Richard’s endorsements included the following:
- The AFL-CIO, Planned Parenthood, the NEA and People for Animal Welfare of New Mexico.
Richard and her husband Eric Vasquez have two daughters.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Stephanie + Richard + New Mexico + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Mexico House of Representatives
- House Committees
- New Mexico State Legislature
- New Mexico state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the New Mexico House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Stephanie Richard on Facebook
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed May 12, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Results Primary Election - June 3, 2014," accessed July 7, 2014
- New Mexico State Legislature, "2014 Primary Election Candidates," accessed May 13, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed May 13, 2014
- New Mexico Watchdog, "Republicans have a dream night in New Mexico state House races," accessed November 2, 2010
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "2010 General Election results," accessed May 12, 2014
- New Mexico Watchdog, "Soundbites from candidates forum: Jeannette Wallace (R) vs. Stephanie Richard (D)," September 30, 2010
- followthemoney.org, "Richard, Stephanie," accessed May 28, 2013
- Stephanieforhouse.com, "About Stephanie," accessed September 13, 2012
James W. Hall (R)
|New Mexico House of Representatives - District 43
| Succeeded by|