Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 37|
Black's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Create Jobs and Spark Economic Growth
- Excerpt:"Higher taxes, uneven regulation, costly mandates and red tape continue to be some of the biggest reasons why companies find it difficult to create jobs in our state. Steve will work to make Pennsylvania’s business tax and regulatory structure competitive with other states to stop employers from leaving and encourage new employers to settle here."
Cut Government Spending to Reduce our Taxes
- Excerpt:"The first step to saving tax dollars is to stop wasting them. That’s why Steve will focus the state budget on priorities like job creation, education, public safety, agriculture and looking out for our seniors and children. He will make protecting taxpayers the number one priority in all budget negotiations."
Reform Harrisburg to Save Us Money
- Excerpt:"Too much of what is done in Harrisburg is done behind closed doors and by a few powerful politicians. We need to make the state legislature more open and transparent to the public – and we need to take power away from a select few so every legislator has a strong voice."
Listening To and Representing Us
- Excerpt:"Steve will hold regular Town Hall Meetings and Tele-town Hall Meetings across our communities to update us on what's happening in Harrisburg and give us an open forum to share our ideas and concerns."
Sharing Our Values
- "Steve believes in the sanctity of life and will work to defend it in Harrisburg."
- "Steve is a nearly 30 year member of the National Rifle Association as well as an avid hunter and outdoorsman. He knows there is a big difference between law-abiding gun owners and criminals. In Harrisburg, he will always be a strong supporter of our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms."
- "Steve believes marriage is a union between a man and a woman."
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 37 Republican Primary, 2012|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |