|New Mexico Senate District 37|
|2009 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|First elected||November 4, 2008|
|Bachelor's||University of California Los Angeles|
|Master's||University of California Los Angeles|
|Date of birth||October 25, 1953|
|Place of birth||Los Angeles, CA|
Fischmann earned his B.A. in Political Science/English from the University of California, Los Angeles, in 1976 and his M.B.A. in Finance and Marketing from the University of California, Los Angeles, in 1979. His professional experience includes working as the General Manager/Operations Manager/Finance and Planning Manager for Levi Strauss and Company - Designer Group, Womenswear and Menswear Divisions from 1979 to 1999 and as the then owner of Property Inspection/Real Estate Brokerage from 1999 to 2004.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Fischmann served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Fischmann served on these committees:
- See also: New Mexico State Senate elections, 2012
- See also: New Mexico State Senate elections, 2008
On November 4, 2008, Fischmann was elected to the 37th District Seat in the New Mexico Senate, besting Leonard Rawson (R). Fischmann raised $247,165 for his campaign, while Rawson raised $173,054.
|New Mexico Senate, District 37 (2008)|
|Stephen Fischmann (D)||13,229|
|Leonard Rawson (R)||12,643|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Stephen Fischmann's 2008 campaign.
|Conservation Voters New Mexico||$16,177|
|CMTE to Elect Senate Democrats||$12,000|
Fischmann and his wife, Sandy Katayanagi, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Stephen + Fischmann + New + Mexico + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Mexico State Senate
- Senate Committees
- New Mexico State Legislature
- New Mexico state legislative districts
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Voting record from New Mexico Votes.org
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Stephen Fischmann," accessed December 18, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed May 12, 2014(Archived)
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "2008 General election results," accessed May 12, 2014
- Follow the Money, "New Mexico Senate spending, 2008," accessed May 12, 2014
|New Mexico State Senate District 37
| Succeeded by|
William P. Soules (D)