Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New York, District 3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||June 24, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||St. John’s University|
Labate was a 2012 Tax Revolt, Republican and Conservative Party candidate who sought election to the U.S. House to represent the 3rd Congressional District of New York. He lost in the general election.
Labate is a U.S. Army reservist and financial planning advisor.
One of Labate's main campaign issues was repealing Obamacare.
According to his website, his platform included the following themes:
- Lower taxes, particularly on small businesses
- Maintain U.S. military strength
- Reduce the federal debt and curtail deficit spending
Labate is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent New York's 3rd District. Labate is seeking the Republican nomination in the primary on June 24, 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
Labate ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent New York's 3rd District. He sought the nomination on the Tax Revolt, Republican and Conservative tickets and was unopposed in the June 26th primary. Robert Previdi did not appear on the ballot. Labate lost to incumbent Steve Israel (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, New York District 3 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Steve Israel Incumbent||51.5%||157,602|
|Source: New York State Board of Elections "U.S. House of Representatives Results"|
|U.S. House, New York, District 3, 2012 - Stephen Labate Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$3,186,021|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$3,169,049|
|Top contributors to Stephen Labate's campaign committee|
|David Lerner Assoc||$5,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Securities & Investment||$23,049|
|Civil Servants/Public Officials||$5,540|
Labate and his wife have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Stephen + Labate + New York + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- New York's 3rd Congressional District elections, 2014
- New York's 3rd Congressional District
- New York Board of Elections, "Candidate Petition List," accessed April 16, 2014
- CNN "New York Districts Race - 2012 Election Center"
- Glen Cove Patch "Labate Takes Aim at Affordable Care Act," May 31, 2012
- Stephen Labate campaign website "Issues," accessed June 21, 2012
- AP " 2012 Primary results"
- New York Board of Elections "2012 Candidate List" Accessed October 17, 2012
- Open Secrets, "Stephen Labate 2012 Election Cycle," accessed May 17, 2013
- Stephen Labate campaign website "About," accessed June 21, 2012
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |