Stephen Casey (Rhode Island)
|Rhode Island House of Representatives District 50|
|January 2, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Place of birth||Melrose, MA|
Casey earned his bachelor's degree in Communications from Boston College in 1990. His professional experience includes working as a firefighter for the City of Woonsocket since 2006.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Casey served on the following committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Veterans' Affairs|
In the 2013-2014 legislative session, Casey served on the following committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Veterans' Affairs|
Elections for the office of Rhode Island House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Incumbent Stephen Casey was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Richard Fagnant ran as an Independent candidate. Casey defeated Fagnant in the general election.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 50, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Stephen Casey Incumbent||53.1%||1,463|
Casey won election in the 2012 election for Rhode Island House of Representatives District 50. Casey defeated incumbent Jon Brien in the September 11 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 50, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Stephen M. Casey||69.1%||2,749|
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 50 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Jon Brien Incumbent||48.1%||670|
Comprehensive donor information for Stephen Casey is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Stephen Casey raised a total of $13,802 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 9, 2013.
|Stephen Casey's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 50||$13,802|
|Grand Total Raised||$13,802|
2012Stephen Casey won election to the Rhode Island House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Stephen Casey raised a total of $13,802.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Stephen Casey (Rhode Island)'s campaign in 2012|
|Casey, Stephen M||$1,172|
|Cranston Fire Fighters Local 1363||$1,000|
|Connecticut Healthcare District 1199||$500|
|Dercmer Jr, Russell I||$300|
|Friends of Michael Morin||$300|
|Total Raised in 2012||$13,802|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- American Civil Liberties Union of Rhode Island: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills related to civil liberties.
- Common Cause: 2013-2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on votes on government reform.
- Rhode Island Center for Freedom and Prosperity: 2013 Session Freedom Index
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills deemed to have an effect on free-market, small-government, or constitutional principles.
- National Federation of Independent Business in Rhode Island: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key small business issues.
Casey is married to Debra.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Stephen + Casey + Rhode Island + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Rhode Island General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Rhode Island state legislative districts
- Profile from the Rhode Island House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Stephen Casey on Facebook
- Campaign contributions 2012
- Woonsocket Patch, "Stephen Casey Takes On Rep. Jon Brien For Dist. 50 Seat," accessed August 21, 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. Stephen Casey," accessed June 10, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Representative in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Results: Representative in General Assembly," accessed September 26, 2014
- Rhode Island Board of Elections, "Official 2014 general election results," accessed December 4, 2014
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections, "Rhode Island Secretary of State," accessed July 10, 2012
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide Primary Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Casey, Stephen," accessed August 9, 2013
Jon Brien (D)
|Rhode Island House of Representatives - District 50
| Succeeded by|