Stephen M. Ross
|Stephen M. Ross|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 63|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Ross received an undergraduate degree from Elon University in 1973. He is an investment officer and vice president at Wells Fargo.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Ross served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Banking, Vice-chair|
|• State Personnel|
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on May 6, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Stephen M. Ross is unopposed in the Republican primary, while Ian Baltutis is unopposed in the Democratic primary.
Ross ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 63. He defeated Roger Parker in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012. Ross defeated Patty Philipps (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 63, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Stephen M. Ross||56.7%||19,435|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 63 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Stephen M. Ross||65.6%||3,884|
Comprehensive donor information for Ross is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Ross raised a total of $181,924 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 30, 2013.
|Stephen Ross's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 63||$181,924|
|Grand Total Raised||$181,924|
2012Ross won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Ross raised a total of $181,924.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Stephen M. Ross's campaign in 2012|
|North Carolina Republican Party||$114,558|
|Ross, Stephen Miles||$10,307|
|Cmte to Elect Thom Tillis||$4,000|
|Samuelson, Ruth C||$4,000|
|Branch Banking & Trust Corp||$4,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$181,924|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Ross and his wife have four children. They currently reside in Burlington, North Carolina.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Stephen + Ross + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Carolina House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 10, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 10, 2014
- North Carolina Board of Elections "Candidate lists," accessed March 5, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed June 22, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Ross, Stephen Miles" Accessed August 30, 2013
Alice Bordsen (D)
|North Carolina House - District 63
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |