|U.S. House, California, District 34|
|Bachelor's||University of California, Los Angeles|
|Place of birth||Los Angeles, CA|
|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
was a 2012 Republican
candidate who sought election to the U.S. House
to represent the 34th Congressional District
. He lost in the general election.
- See also: California's 34th Congressional District elections, 2012
Smith ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 34th District. He and district 31 incumbent Xavier Becerra (D) advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating Howard Johnson (Peace and Freedom). They faced off in the November 6, 2012, general election and Becerra won.
Breakdown of the source of Smith's campaign funds before the 2012 election.
Smith ran for election to the U.S. House in 2012. During that election cycle, Smith's campaign committee raised a total of $1,425 and spent $445.
|U.S. House, California, District 34, 2012 - Stephen Smith (California) Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner
|Total Spent by Election Winner
|Top contributors to Stephen Smith (California)'s campaign committee|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Stephen + Smith + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Stephen Smith News Feed
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 CNN, "California Districts Race - 2012 Election Center," accessed December 1, 2012
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "Unofficial election results," November 6, 2012
- ↑ Open Secrets, "Stephen Smith 2012 Election Cycle," accessed May 14,2013